Last week was not a good week for The Moores.
But that was last week. This week is already shaping up to be much better. We had our lovely sledding adventure on Sunday, and now we’re halfway through Monday morning and I’m already feeling virtuous.
My day started with a nice workout, during which my knee didn’t scream (too loudly) in pain and then I made my standard muesli breakfast. It’s one of those meals that tastes like good health.
Haha, I realize that description might not convince all of my readers that it is delicious, but it really, really is!
Just look at all that healthy goodness!! What you can not see in this photo is the look of satisfaction in my eyes!
This is another one of those recipes that is different every time I make it because I refuse to actually measure anything, but here’s a basic breakdown with an over-abundance of parentheticals.
- 1 c. cooked quinoa (I usually make a big pot at the start of each week, so I have quinoa to add to breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc…)
- 1 c. applesauce (this is another thing I make a big pot of at the start of each week, to add to recipes as I see fit. I make it in the pressure cooker with no sugar)
- 1/4 c. muesli (I use Bob’s Red Mill Muesli)
That’s the basic recipe. I just mix those things together and pop it in the toaster oven for a few minutes to warm it up. But I usually add some extra stuff for extra virtuosity.
Optional add ins:
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds (for Omega 3’s!)
- 1 tbsp. wheat bran (for extra fiber!)
- Granola (for extra crunch and sweetness – this is Mr. Moore’s favorite add-in)
So, now you too can enjoy a Moore Family Favorite for breakfast and feel virtuous like me.
Now, it’s off to get my eyeballs examined and then I finally get to smother baby Ian with a million kisses.
Cheers to a better week than last!